Livin' it up in Okinawa

Monday, July 30, 2007




July has been an exciting month for Veronica and I to say the least. On July 1st, 2007 I asked for her hand in marriage at the Nagano Marriott Resort in Okinawa. The above photo on the right is just after she said yes! We walked out on the balcony with champagne and I had convinced her we should have a special dinner before she had to move to Hawaii leaving Okinawa the 5th of July. With the cover of a romantic dinner before leaving I totally caught her by surprise.



Luckily I was able to find a nice ring on Okinawa. Veronica mentioned she wouldn't want any "blood diamond" jewelry so I was a little worried that with my limited jewelry buying experience I could find an appropriate band/stone. A good friend of mine mentioned she'd had her eye on a sapphire ring from Sri Lanka that was very unique and was available at an on base jeweler. As soon as I saw it I knew Veronica would approve. The only problem now is that I'll be in Okinawa until May next year. The plan is for me to move to Hawaii then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home