Livin' it up in Okinawa

Friday, February 02, 2007


I'm stuck in Wichita, Kansas! It's nice to see snow again but the below freezing temperatures have taken some getting used to. The photo is the view from my Holiday Inn 2nd floor room. This is my first blog for 2007 and I'd planned on doing one in January but as you can see that didn't happen. Taking on two online courses this semester for my MBA with Touro University takes just about all of my free time.

As far as January goes it was a good month. The Japanese have a lot of New Year traditions like getting your fortune at a Shinto shrine for the coming year. Another tradition is to eat soba noodles with tempura vegetables. Shuri castle had some ceremonies reenacting the days when there was a shogun king ruling Okinawa. Just in the first week I did two medevac missions picking up critical newborns from Guam and taking them to better hospitals in Okinawa or Hawaii.

Since my December vacation to Korea I've kept my mustache. It's coming in nicely. After vacation I had a full beard going and couldn't shave it all off. For a while I was getting the "molestache" comments, or there's "dirt" on your lip. Lately I've gotten more compliments that it's looking good....depends on who you ask I guess. Anyone up for a mustache ride?

Labels: ,