Livin' it up in Okinawa

Sunday, March 26, 2006


St Patrick's Day was pretty cool this year on Okinawa. Being in Japan you wouldn't think there's much of a celebration, but with so many Americans running around and some random Irish pubs it's not too bad. The luck of the Irish was with us that night. My cousin Garth, first photo, had just moved to Okinawa in January but I hadn't caught up with him yet. Not 15 minutes after I was thinking of calling him we bumped into him and his friends at the bar Fujiyma's by the Irish pub Patty Mac's. I guess it helps that we're all part Irish!



We had a great time catching up and drinking fresh Guiness from the tap and many rounds of car bombs.....as you can see from the photos!



Garth is happy to be settled on the island but unfortunately broke up with his girlfriend before moving out of the states. Jordan(double fistin') and I took turns trying to hook him up with random girls at the bar. On Gate 2 street you can hit chicken yaki-tori stands, kind of like hot dog stands in the US. It's basically a chicken shishkabob. In the next photo you can see us throwin' down at about 2am on some yaki-tori.


Well one good helping of yaki-tori always deserves another so we hit another stand on the way to our cars/taxi, but it turned out to be more like yuckey tori. The meat tasted like chicken skin, which it probably was or maybe liver among other things! Amanda being a little tipsy explained in no uncertain terms, and many adjectives I will not repeat that it was nasty...right in front of the guy cooking it. I had to spit out some myself. I guess you can't expect too much from street vendors. So that's the moral of the story today. Tune in for more pearl's of wisdom next time. Yes we're being sarcastic in case you were wondering.

3 Comments:

At 4:00 AM, March 27, 2006, Blogger Gita said...

Hey Anthony,
thanks for the congrats on my blog. I know that Geriatrics rehab sounds like something in a nursing home, but believe me, its not!! Ofcourse it involves mostly older patients, but they have a lot of problems that need immediate attention-like heart problems, problems with the amputated leg/arm etc. anyway, I like it so far and its only for 7 more weeks and then I am almost all done- so right now everything is just great!! :) take care Gita

 
At 12:32 PM, March 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leuitenant First Class Langford...I see you have been keeping up with the blog. That will earn you some merit badges my good soldier. Do you myspace? If so, look me up by my email and get connected. A lot of Weedites and other Siskiyou county brethrn are on there. When are you coming to Korea? Just hi-jack the plane for a weekend and let's do this!!!...Footsoldier Shannon Maas.

 
At 10:38 AM, April 04, 2006, Blogger Zahra said...

I'm glad to see that you finally hooked up with Garth, nice picture!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home